Monday, July 18, 2011

There's an App for that!

Recently K and I got iPhone 4's and we LOVE them. It didn't take any time at all to find the games and other app's that we want and personalize our phones. Last week I did pretty good following my schedule for cleaning the house and today, in between baby K's short naps where I would clean what I could of the bathrooms, and watching TV on the couch so baby K could get a good nap in, I realized that there has to be a house cleaning schedule app. So I grabbed my phone, which is always within arm's reach, and searched the App Store and low and behold, there's an app for that.

So I downloaded the free version of Motivated Moms and set up what I could of it. It actually isn't bad. It has daily tasks, like taking vitamins, reading to the kids, sweeping the entryway and kitchen, and then other tasks that alternate every few days/weekly etc. You can hide some tasks that you don't use, like if you don't have a pet for example. So I'll use it for a week or two and if I like it I might try the full version. The only thing I don't see so far is the ability to add your own personal tasks, and when you want to do them, but the full version might have that option.

The great thing about an app like this, where all the tasks are scheduled ahead of time, is that it will remind me to do things that I don't normally think of. For example, it told me to check the filters in the furnace today and I think later this week is change the kids bed sheets. Normally we just change them when we have a leak overnight, but since potty training is going really well, it'll be great to have a reminder for things like that.

Oh technology, what would we do without you?

No comments:

Post a Comment