Saturday, March 10, 2018

Getting the most out of your toiletries

Our family recently spent 2 weeks in the beautiful Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.  My biggest concern was how the kids, aged 9 and 6, would react to the sun.  So I was sure to bring ALL of our sunscreen bottles, some half full and some completely full.


When the first bottle became 'empty', I remembered something I do with my face wash and creams. 
I cut the end off and scoop out what's left inside.


  
This time, I went one step further and opened up the entire bottle.  Since I didn't have regular scissors, I used a small pair of nail scissors. 


 My favorite part of this was that what was left in this 'empty' bottle completely covered two adults!   I did this again with another bottle, and that one had even more left inside.

Use this trick with any toiletries you have in soft bottles, especially the expensive ones! 

No comments:

Post a Comment